Zoetis Belgium SA (Irish branch) address: Block 10, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin and registered for corporation tax and VAT under number 9838808D (hereafter referred to as “Zoetis”, “we”, “us”, or “our”)) operates www.zoetispets.com (the “Website”). We provide this Privacy Statement to tell you how we may collect, use, share, and retain information about you and your choices.
Personal Data We Collect
We may ask you to provide certain personal data, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual such as:
- Email Address
On the registration screen, we clearly label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion.
Zoetis collects your personal data to make the website and related services available to you and to address specific concerns of users. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the requested services.
If you disclose any personal data relating to other people to us in connection with the Website, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How We Use Personal Information
Zoetis collects, processes and uses your personal data for purposes of:
- Providing functionality of the Website and fulfilling your requests;
- Content design to customize its offerings and presentations to Website users;
- For creating and administering your account when you register for our services on the Website, to complete your transactions, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service;
- Concluding, administering and maintaining a contractual relationship between Zoetis and you as a user of the services offered on the Website, including billing for the use of online services (usage and billing data).
- Responding to your questions, complaints, concerns and requests;
- Sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Receiving notifications of side effects of the Zoetis’ products, provide information about products or, in the case of any kind of applications made via the Website to process the applications;
- Providing you with our newsletters and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing;
- Informing you about products or services which we believe may be of interest, including tailored ads or offers; and
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example to enhance and improve our Website
- To contact you in connection with existing transactions and contractual agreements.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes.
- To meet legal and regulatory obligations.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal data so that it will no longer be considered as such. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
We engage in these activities with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose personal data:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For other legal reasons (such as to enforce our terms and conditions and protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others).
- In connection with a sale or business transaction (we have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your personal data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
The above list may include recipients of personal data outside your country of residence. We disclose your personal data with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Cross border transfer
Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your personal data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Your privacy choices
You may be given the option of receiving recurring information/promotional email from Zoetis and third parties working with Zoetis. We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal data for marketing purposes. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by using unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Use of Website by minors
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under 18.
This Privacy Statement does not address, and Zoetis is not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Website links. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by Zoetis or by our affiliates.
Sensitive personal data
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any other sensitive personal data (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
We retain personal data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Website;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of certain transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Choices and access
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete personal data, object to or opt out of the processing of personal data, or if you would like to request to receive a copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending us a letter to our business address Block 10, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland, or logging into your account to update your information, if available. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Filing a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your data by Zoetis at the following competent supervisory authority. See http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. The Irish supervisory authority is available at https://www.dataprotection.ie/.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Zoetis Belgium SA (Irish branch) registered for corporation tax and VAT under number 9838808D is responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data under this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com or at:
Zoetis Belgium SA (Irish Branch) Block 10,
Cherrywood Business Park,
Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin
Updated June 2021